Saturday, July 4, 2009

On The Ground Floor...

Well, adventures in G3 Clone Cloth have commenced... with utter fail! :) No surprise there but I'm not deterred. Did a whole smack of research last night - found some very informative tips I'm going to utilize in my next attempts. AND on Monday's Wolf and Dulci Hour, they're going to be having the two guru's of Clone Cloth - Alley and Animatechnica on - what timing! I think most of my difficulty stems from my lack of proficiency with Photoshop. I can get by, but I don't really know about or use 90% of the features it has... ok maybe 85%. I think as I get a better feel for the program, the quality of my creations will improve greatly.

With the eagerly awaited (by me, at least) release of both the Male and Female Clone Cloths, I'm finally able to tackle an aspect of iClone that so intimidated me. It's going to bring me one step closer to 'doing for myself' and making my vision more of a reality when it comes to the appearance of my characters.

Also, this is a great time for me to get in on the ground floor and make some contributions back to the community. Since there are very few freebie clothes available with the G3 Cloth, I hope to offer up some of my decent 'training wheel' creations to the masses.

On the real world front, my AQ class has begun which means an intense 3 week period of readings, assignments, and presentations. Yay. Which also means my exploits in filmmaking will be curtailed for a while. Boo! (though I'm taking Friday nights off for G3 cloth, dammit!) So that script I was hoping to get done in 3 weeks - so not gonna happen (though I do still work on it during my 30 min lunch break - I can't stay away!). So progress will be slow, but it's progress nonetheless. If I happen to stray from my self-imposed restrictions, being the ultimate procrastinator (when it comes to work) that I am, y'all will be the first to know! :D

3 comments:

  1. Patience, young padawan... everything comes to those that wait; Rome wasn't built in a day... you can lead a horse to water, but... oh, hang on, that was a different one... ;)

    If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well and if you can only spare a few minutes here and there to do something you really enjoy, you get more out of it, I find (plus, at the end of the day, qualifications are a darned sight more important than a movie (I never thought I'd see the day I typed that! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know. :) Just can't wait until the course is over. My laptop is coming with me on vacation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there aT - I'm totally in sympathy with you about learning curves with software. I know you will succeed and amaze us all with what you produce!

    ReplyDelete