Sunday, July 5, 2009

Procrastinator At Large...

Yeah, yeah - I know. "Back away from the computer!" I couldn't do it! I had to try another strategy with the Clone Cloth (besides, it's late -who's going to do work now?). :D I'll be brief.

Bad news - while not a total fail, I didn't like the result much at all. I was following a tutorial I found, just using Photoshop colour layer fills and creating my own elements like buttons etc using a combination of shadowing and highlights. The hand drawn look looks tacky to me - at least what I turned out did. And I found it hard to create detailed freehand designs like trims without the benefit of (usable) guides on the template.

Well, the good news - I learned a bit more about Photoshop that I'm sure I'll be able to use later. And I learned that real textures are the way to go. Guess I'm going texture huntin'... but not now. Now I'm getting some sleep! (honest)

4 comments:

  1. LOL - get some sleep grrl~ I know all to well the **pull** of the computer... just try one more time ... try one more thing ... LOL - I've actually gotten out of bed in the middle of the night because an idea has struck me and I just HAVE TO TRY IT! We are slaves to our art and hostages of the Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - If you haven't yet joined, I'd recommend this website for the BEST and BIGGEST collection of Photoshop tutorials and tips:
    http://forums.creativecow.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS again - that was the wrong address - LOL
    http://www.creativecow.net/
    Guess I need to go to bed too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right - I've been to Creative Cow for After Effects but not for Photoshop. Will have to go see what they've got over there! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete