Monday, July 27, 2009

Challenging Yourself...

That's where the fun with machinima is at for me. It can be stressful too - sure. But if you're just going through the motions and coming up with a piece of work, decent or not then *sarcastic* woohoo. You haven't pushed yourself. You haven't challenged yourself. You haven't made that accomplishment that little bit sweeter because you fought for it.

I have to say I'm having a blast with the Movie Tribute Challenge that Reallusion is putting on. I enjoy having to push myself to rise to the occasion. Right now, I know what I want to accomplish, but it's figuring out how to actually do it that's both frustrating and exciting. And hell, I don't even know if my ideas will work! Which means there may be some problem solving, some compromising, some hair pulling, some capitulating, maybe even some failure but in the end, I'm sure I would have learned something from the experience that I can take and put towards my next project.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. End up with a spectacular product in the end one day. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think ceative work of any kind is a delicate balance between challenge and satisfaction. Too much or too little of either has its perils for the creator and audience alike. At it's heart, I think creativity must be an act of love; for one must love an idea enough to bring it to life. And one must love the process of doing so, elsewise it becomes not creativity but an exercise to be followed by rote and devoid of soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach it, Cathy! (aka NawtyGrl) :)

    ReplyDelete