Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Professionalism - On and Off the Court...

So yeah, just a brief little comment. There's something to be said for courtesy in public forums. I've just read a couple of posts by someone, who I don't know personally, but was strongly considering asking to VA for a major role in my script. (And to those I may have dropped names to, no this is not the same person). These posts in my opinion were very disrespectful and smacked of immaturity. Immaturity I can deal with, disrespectfulness I can't. For them it may not be a big deal and the fact that it is for me, most likely doesn't matter to them either. It's a shame - I really liked the way this person delivered their (I'm keeping it neutral) lines, but if this person is going to be representing me in a way, I want to feel proud to be associated with that person. So yeah, it's a personal thing but I can't in good conscience continue to consider this person and it's disappointing. You should always be conscious of what you post - you never know who's reading. Bottomline, treating others with respect is always the way to go - even if your opinions differ.

3 comments:

  1. My first reaction to this was: OMG!?!?! Was it me?!?!?

    I do agree with you. Although some of us goof around a lot, there is a basis of professional respect and common courtesy that needs to be fostered among creative people working together and sharing cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, most definitely not you, Cathy - no one I 'know' or have had any direct contact with. Goofing around is fine, but when it's mean spirited - I don't like it. It's bad enough if you do it privately, but it's even worse when you make it a spectacle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. **whew!** !! LOL - Seriously, I do not like mean-spirited people. Having been the target of a few of them in the past, I know how hurtful they can be. Good for you for standing by your own principles. One of my favorite bumper stickers is "Mean People Suck" :)

    ReplyDelete