Tuesday, June 30, 2009

History Reimagined...

I just made the most amazing find I could have made for my next film! I still can't believe it! I came up with the general gist months ago but was struggling to find a place to ground it. Would it be more realistic or more fantastical (aka scifi)? I decided on the weekend to go with the more realistic grounding but the actual location was still not nailed down yet.

So doot-de-do, I'm scouring the web yet again researching locations, cultures and histories when I came upon a find that took my breath away - based on a real life historical myth! It is almost EXACTLY (and I am by no means exaggerating) the setting and situation present in my outline. Every time I read more, I'm like "Omigosh, I have that! I have that too! And that!" It is beyond perfect - it's uncanny. Every thing I have devised to date - all my location sketches, plot twists and story arcs - all can fit perfectly in this framework.

I am seriously still in shock and so estatically happy!

So what does this mean? Ultimately, now I have a bit more direction when devising the history and dialogue mentioned in this film. I can now focus on guided research in this area so I don't sound like an idiot who doesn't know what she's talking about. Yay, I don't have to make crap up!! On the down side, some of my purchased models are now moot so I may not be able to use them as I intentioned. Oh well, c'est la vie!

I'm doing my happy dance - woohoo! :)

EDIT: The more I read on, the more freaked out I'm getting about the correlations. Seriously.

3 comments:

  1. ..."Whistles the Twilight Zone theme"...

    Life's like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! But you know, I sound like an idiot who doesn't know what she's talking about all the time and it hasn't put a twist in my undies!

    LOL - Seriously cool that you found your 'woo-woo" moment! I can't wait to see what this is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) You guys will like it, I'm sure but I'm giving nothing away... maybe!

    ReplyDelete