Sunday, August 23, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect...

Well, maybe not perfect but at least better. :) Thought I'd get some more practice in with CloneCloth this weekend. I have to say, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit. Perhaps more accurately, it doesn't scare me as much. :)

I completed two outfits this weekend - one for him and one for her. I'm offering them both up at CoolClones as freebies (just waiting for them to get approved). I'm hoping to make my way through the various cloths and get practice with each of them. It's kinda exciting finally designing my own wardrobe - stepping away from just changing the colours on the original outfits they provide.

But I have to say, designing is deceptively challenging. Creating a simple neckline could take an hour or more depending on the shape, getting the seams to match or maybe adding trimming. Trying to add the illusion of depth and texture to an outfit is also a big challenge that I know many struggle with. But I'm finding that in designing my own outfits, I'm also learning a lot about my photo editor - integrating features I've never used or understood well. Hopefully the more I learn, the better grasp I'll get on this designing thing. All in all, it's good learning fun. :)


4 comments:

  1. Hey aT! Those outfits look really good! I have yet to even try Clone Cloth 3 so I am very impressed with your work and bow to your artisanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankee, Cathy! You should give the cloth a go - with your artistry skills, I think you'd make some wicked outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, aT :)

    Am half tempted to dip my toe into iClone... at some point in the future (when I'm not doing 10 million things at once, that is! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking outfits, aT! You succeeded very much at giving the illusion of depth to them! I'm getting more and more keen to get CloneCloth to try it myself! :)
    On the one hand, I quite like to be able to make my own clothes (it's something I know I'll be spending hours on), on the other hand - will we still have time to make movies?! :p

    ReplyDelete