Friday, November 20, 2009

Forging On...

Just had to say - I'm kinda happy but kinda wary at the same time. If you'd remember my post back in June, "History Re-imagined", you'd remember that I was all excited about a real life location/myth in which to ground my initial attempt at a feature length movie. Some main action sequences and events I had brainstormed beforehand seemed to fit perfectly within this structure.

Then I caught wind of the '2012' movie soon to be released. I personally had never heard of the whole 2012 issue and further yet, didn't know a movie about it was being released around the corner. I was really disappointed because my setting also touches on the 2012 mythos and I was thinking that creating it now would be a moot point - surely the 'big boys' would do it better.

But I'm hearing bits and pieces of a ho-hum response to it and that's leaning me to rethink my decision. From what I'm hearing, my vision is going in a totally different direction than theirs, with less focus on the destruction of the world bit. I haven't seen the movie yet and I don't intend to in the near future 'cause I don't want an unintentioned influence on how I develop my own film.

So I'm thinking I'm going to make it anyway - besides, I'd already purchased some props and developed some characters unique to this project so it'd be a shame for them to go to waste. Anyhoo, I had put the project on hiatus when I was still in the brainstorming phase so there's still a ton to flesh out. Don't be expecting it out anytime soon. This baby's gonna take a while.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment